Monday, September 15, 2014

A Long List and and Moving Beyond First Impressions

The National Book Award long lists are being announced this week.  Check out the long list for Young People's Literature.   I'm glad to see Revolution, The Port Chicago 50, and Brown Girl Dreaming--they are all on my long list this year.  I just started Greenglass House last night and still have Skink--No Surrender in my to-read stack.  I guess I'm a little behind in my reading.

We are well into September and that means Heavy Medal and Calling Caldecott are both up and running for the season.  You can get in on the speculation and discussion or just enjoy lurking.  Either way, you'll read about some of the best books of the year.

And if you are interested in some early Newbery and Caldecott predictions, Betsy Bird has her picks at A Fuse 8 Production.  Don't skip the comments.

1 comment:

  1. Ooo...I love it when the lists come out! Thanks for keeping me up to date

    ReplyDelete